Saturday, January 15, 2005


It wouldn't feel right to discuss an American Idol track without re-acknowledging the glory of Clay Aiken's "Invisible." It's been around for a year or so, but I'm guessing some of you haven't seen the video yet. Watch it (Windows or Real Player, no excuses). See it again if it's been awhile. There's something almost rapturous about a metrosexual Martin Short prancing and preening as his smarmy rape fantasy inspires a city to collectively cream. Dig that neck bob! That sashay! That open-mouthed grin! His breathtakingly smug scan of the audience during the "oooooh" before the final chorus! How can you think you're King Shit while masturbating outside somebody's window? I have no idea, but Clay does! Daniel Johnston should cover it. Radiohead should release an identical video.

If I was invisible
Then I could just watch you in your room
If I was invincible
I'd make you mine tonight




No comments: