Sunday, December 07, 2008

What I deserve is a man that makes me, then takes me and delivers me to a destiny, to infinity and beyond


#37) Beyonce, "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)"
Webbie's worst nightmare. And yes, music video is now at the point where a simple Fosse tribute is unquestionably the finest thing created all year.


#38) Hinder, "Use Me"
"She says she loves me, but I know she's a liar." "I bet she's wonderin' if I'm worth her while...But I ain't sweatin' cause I'm first on the speed dial." "I won't be a fool and fight it, she's gonna use me but I like it." This is a wise perspective for these whores to take on corporate sponsorship, and I appreciate the relish with which they've accepted their lot. Not up to "Whole Lotta Love" or "Any Way You Want It," but arguably equal to "Finish What You Started."

No comments: