Wednesday, December 07, 2005

16. 50 Cent, "Just A Lil Bit"

I'm always going to prefer "I'm The Type Of Guy"-ish Dionysian piffle over CEOs getting money the ski mask way. It was "Hate It Or Love It" that made me choose the latter re: the inescapable lug, but this was the hit that most rewarded my affection - for one thing, the goddamn Game wasn't on it.

17. Bowling For Soup, "Almost"

There are critics who like Fountains Of Wayne and Blink-182 but give no love to Bowling For Soup. If I had more respect for my peers, this wouldn't make sense.

18. LCD Soundsystem, "Tribulations"

"Daft Punk" was about having it and the others singles claimed there was nothing worth getting. "Tribulations" was about wanting, hence it was the only one that opened more doors than it closed.

19. Fat Joe feat. Nelly, "Get It Poppin'"

Joe's got a hot beat and wants to see just how much naughtiness it will let him get away with. That self-aware glee makes this hard to resist, especially when it comes from a dude with flow who looks like a little McNugget on top of a big one.

20. White Stripes, "Blue Orchid"

If this pouty ptoui is about Renee Zellweger then I'm laughing even harder.

No comments: