Sunday, February 06, 2005

Southern rock, my ass. The new Kings Of Leon single sounds like the Strokes gone Rasta. I love it as long as I don't pay attention to the Ashton Kudchewers in the video and just imagine Julian hopping around, stray dreadlocks flopping out from under a knitted tam, mewling "eighteen, balding, star" as the rockisback faithful stand in slackjawed disbelief.


"I'm-a gonna show da way...I'm-a gonna show da way..."

Let me have my fantasy.

Since I made reference to a Top Ten Singles Of 2005 list yesterday, I figured I might as well follow through on such an absurdity. Obviously a lot of these have '04 copyrights, but here 'tis.

1. Kelly Clarkson, "Since U Been Gone"
2. The Killers, "Mr. Brightside"
3. Trick Daddy feat. Cee-Lo & Ludcaris, "Sugar"
4. M83, "Don't Save Us From Flames"
5. Ludacris, "Get Back"
6. Bowling For Soup, "Almost"
7. LCD Soundsystem, "Daft Punk Is Playing At My House"
8. Avril Lavigne, "Nobody's Home"
9. Keane, "Somewhere Only We Know"
10. Lil' Jon feat. Usher & Ludcaris "Lovers & Friends"

In honor of his comical enunciation, irrepressible enthusiasm for sex and indifference to the shark he's two guest spots from jumping, Ludacris is the Anthony Is Right Artist Of The Month for January 2005.

"Here's a pillow, bite............................that"

No comments: