Friday, July 30, 2004

Great recommendations so far re: albums from '84 to check out. I want more.

Here's what I already have (in order of fave to least).

1) Replacements Let It Be
2) Prince Purple Rain
3) REM Reckoning
4) Husker Du Zen Arcade
5) Bruce Springsteen Born In The U.S.A.
6) Velvet Underground V.U.
7) Bangles All Over The Place
8) Minutemen Double Nickels On The Dime
9) Tall Dwarfs Slughairybreathmonster
10) Die Kreuzen Die Kreuzen
11) David Bowie Fame And Fashion
12) Psychedelic Furs Mirror Moves
13) Flock Of Seagulls Story Of A Young Heart
14) Ultravox The Collection
15) Butthole Surfers Live PCP EP

I won't be happy until I have to toss the bottom five to make room for ten better albums.

Btw, I forgot to mention that xgau is right about the Wilco album being ALL about the guitar rave-ups. I'm spending the day with "Spiders (Kidsmoke)" on a continual loop and everything is spiffy.

No comments: