Friday, March 18, 2005

I've owed my dad a CD-R of recent music for a while now. He wants an idea of what I'm writing about here and his knowledge of popular music is that there's a group called the Red Hot Chili Peppers and that he likes "That One Song" by Those Black Guys. He's been good about sending all queries directly to my e-mail address rather than the comments box here (has anybody else ever had to deal with that?), so I'm sending him this mix on Monday.

Nellie McKay "David"
Hives "Walk, Idiot, Walk"
Junior Senior "Shake Your Coconuts"
Interpol "Obstacle 1"
Electric Six "Danger! High Voltage"
Good Charlotte "Girls & Boys"
Liz Phair "Extraordinary"
Ted Leo "Ballad Of A Sin Eater"
Drive-By Truckers "Heathens"
Travis Morrison "The Word Cop"
Basement Jaxx "Lucky Star"
Hot Hot Heat "Bandages"
Queens Of The Stone Age "No One Knows"
M83 "Don't Save Us From Flames"
Yeah Yeah Yeahs "Maps"
Trick Daddy feat. Cee-Lo & Ludacris "Sugar"
LCD Soundsystem "Disco Infiltrator"
Franz Ferdinand "Dark Of The Matinee"
Killers "Mr. Brightside"

I would have sent it last week except, well, I really like listening to it! NOW That's What I Call Indie! with Good Charlotte sticking out like Teena Marie in a metal book. There was a request for no hip-hop but I used to play Sand In The Vaseline all the time as a kid so "Sugar" seemed like a worthwhile token. Ironically, I've been playing Randy Newman and Chuck Berry all day.

No comments: