Saturday, October 02, 2004

The local public radio station just sold off all their vinyl. I got me lots. Two bucks each.

Archie Bell & The Drells, Where Will You Go When The Party's Over?
Jimmy Castor Bunch, C
Tim Curry, Read My Lips
Tim Curry, Simplicity
Rick Derringer, All-American Boy
Nick Gilder, City Nights
Tim Hardin, Golden Archive Series
John Kay, All In Good Time
Nick Lowe, Nick Lowe And His Cowboy Outfit
Nick Lowe, The Rose Of England
Phil Lynott, Solo In Soho
Phil Lynott, The Phil Lynott Album
Harry Nilsson, Aerial Pandemonium Ballet
NRBQ, Tiddlywinks
Robert Plant, Pictures At Eleven
Gary Private, Private EP
Suzi Quatro, Suzi...And Other Four Letter Words
The Raiders, Greatest Hits, Volume 2
Romeo Void, Never Say Never EP
The Scene Is Now, Burn All Your Records
Peter Schilling, Error In The System
Peter Schilling, Things To Come
The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Next...
.38 Special, Special Forces

Albums my friend Toni grabbed despite me whimpering that I would appreciate them more: David Johansen's Here Comes The Night and Rod Stewart's Footloose And Fancy Free. Another pal refused to let me pay him twice the price - that's FOUR smackers - for his copy of the Cruising soundtrack.

Albums I own but bought anyway since they're awesome and I knew I'd feel like giving them to somebody: Polyrock's Polyrock and Neil Young & Crazy Horse's Re*Ac*Tor. I gave them to Toni after her car broke down. When someone's in that situation, the least you can do is give them an album where the band repeats one riff for eleven minutes while Neil yells "got mash potatoes, ain't got no t-bone" over and over.

Oh, and while I didn't buy it and its absurdity is relatively well known, this remains my favorite album cover of all time.



There's a Three's Company episode where Jack's all excited to give the blonde girl a copy.

No comments: