Wednesday, June 02, 2004

More Anthony-approved pop songs! Hooray!

"Naughty Girl (Remix)" by Beyonce and Lil' Flip: I'm feeling this one even more than "Crazy In Love," probably because Lil' Flip's rap actually acknowledges Beyonce's existance (ironic, no?).

"Everytime" by Britney Spears: Goddamn, Britney! First you release a dance track I adore, then you actually pull off a listenable ballad! I'm loving how the plinky background music makes it sound like Linkin Park might burst in the room any second with a power chord (kind of fits with the "My Immortal" quality this track has). While I'm totally a sucker for ballads about vulnerability and regret these days, I'm all for whatever pills they've got you on. The video's awesome too until all that "Lightning Crashes" bullshit goes on. You and Usher are making Justin look like a bigger dork than he is.

"Love Song" by 311: Best thing this band has ever done and it's STILL total shit. Funny enough to make the cut though. The ironist in me (same part of me that wants to get high to UB40's "Red Red Wine") really wants to make out to this someday. Does bassist P-Nut still refer to himself as P-Nut?

"Accidentally In Love" by the Counting Crows: Fuck you too!

No comments: