Thursday, June 24, 2004

I love DMX's "Party Up (Up In Here)" - a 1999 track that sounds so crunkily contemporary that I assumed it was a new Bonecrusher single or something - so much that you'd think I'd get my hands on a copy asap. Thing is, I'm worried that the album version doesn't have the moment that sounds like DMX is punching a baby. It's sad when radio edits are more imaginative than the original (there aren't NEARLY as many professional sports sound effects on Missy Elliott's "I'm Really Hot" on the album as there are on the radio). I don't know why State College, PA's 107.9 plays "Party Up (Up In Here)" as often as they do, but I'm grateful.

Hearing "Welcome Back" by Mase on the radio is like that part of the news where they tell you that Koko the panda had twins at the Pittsburgh zoo. Benign but worthless.

No comments: