Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Plus, you need a little ventilation


#47) T-Pain feat. Lil' Wayne, "I Can't Believe It"
As Pain put it, "Teddy Riley can't do it better than Roger Troutman. I can't do it better than Teddy Riley. And can't nobody do it better than me." Which is why I can get past Lil' Wayne, who sounds like he's nodding off mid-mackdown on the subway.


#48) Katy Perry, "I Kissed A Girl"
Yes, Perry takes Jill Sobule's smug ode to self-discovery and turns it into girl-on-girl crime. I can only hope she was grossed out by Simon Rex's "then they grabbed my dick" rewrite, the chauvinist response her soulless attention-shrieking asked for. But I get a lot more pleasure out of this trashbeat burlesque ("you're my experimental game!") than the Lilith Fair woo-bait. If you think both songs suck, that's fine.

No comments: