Friday, December 19, 2008

One look in the mirror and I'm tickled pink


#13) Weezer, "Pork And Beans"
The A&R man said "I don't hear a single," so River bitches about it over Blue Album overdrive just to prove he can hit the mark whenever he wants to. Too bad the A&R man didn't say "I don't hear an album." Did I say Beyonce made the best video? Sorry, Weezer made the best video.


#14) Miley Cyrus, "See You Again"
The first Disney-pop track I know of to hang around the Top 20, and it's easy to see why. '80s melodrama made more human and no less bombastic by a teen too quirky to be consumed by the factory. "My best friend Leslie said 'Oh, she's just being Miley'" is a fillip equal to the "Thank you" on Prince's "Take Me With U." Not that she's Prince - who made four singles from his soundtrack score even higher. Then again, her adolescent work may well be better than that of Champagne.

No comments: