Monday, November 01, 2004

Radio show playlist:

TV On The Radio - New Health Rock
Tegan And Sara - Speak Slow
Rogers Sisters - Freight Elevator
Saul Williams - Grippo
Hives - B Is For Brutus
Blood Brothers - Peacock Skeleton With Crooked Feathers
Radio 4 - Absolute Affirmation
LeTigre - On The Verge
Shins - New Slang
Fall - Sparta
Dizzee Rascal - Dream
Interpol - Evil
Spoon - Decora
Mouse On Mars feat. Mark E. Smith - Wipe The Sound (Remix)
Jimmy Eat World - Polaris
Sloan - Hollow Head
Blues Explosion - Mars, Arizona
Kimya Dawson - I Will Never Forget
Kimya Dawson - You Love Me
Modest Mouse - Float On
Morrissey - Last Of The Famous International Playboys
Self - What A Fool Believes
Sahara Hotnights - The Difference Between Love And Hell
Hellacopters - Pride
Grumpies - Punk Rock Boy
Say Anything - Every Man Has A Molly
Faint - Paranoiattack
Grandaddy - The Crystal Lake
My Chemical Romance - You Kno What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison
I Am The World Trade Center - Great Expectations

I got to hear Joanna Newsom for the first time today. The harp is nice, but wtf, how come nobody told me she sounds like Annie (the old school redhead, not the girl with all the net-hype)? The urge to scream "IT'S A HARD KNOCK LIFE!" was irresistable.

I'm listening to the new LeTigre. It's a little anonymous and peters out early but it's definitely more enjoyable than Feminine Sweepstakes. To answer Tom Breihan's query as to why so many people hate "New Kicks": a lot of us have never been to a mass protest, so we don't catch a sense memory from a hookless casserole of soundbites. It's not a memory of people screaming together for me, it's the sound of people screaming slogans AT me. "I'm So Excited" might be worse though. I don't think the joy of release is what I'm hearing on either track.

No comments: