Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Giving Queen's Hot Space the love it deserves for Stylus.

Five new videos (arguably) worth checking out.

Two Saddle Creek bands have goofy new videos about how sexually frustrated they are, but you already knew that. Two rappers from the Dirty South have goofy new videos about how they're going to beat the crap out of you if you get in their way, but you already knew that. The Lil Jon and Ludacris videos are more entertaining (Ice Cube is raking when he first appears on the screen), and, if I have to, I'd rather hear their morally questionable enthusiasm than Beep Beep and The Good Life drowning in their monomaniacal misery, but you already knew that too.

Good Charlotte's new single is "I Just Wanna Live," a song that I put on the Stypod a few weeks ago (the mp3 is no longer available, but my description is still there). In the video, they wear food costumes for half the scenes and goth/preppy wear for the others. Joel has a night-vision sex video romp while dressed like a slice of pizza and later recreates Ashlee Simpson's hoe-down. Benji plays the violin dressed like a cob of corn. Oddly enough, my Launch player played Simpson's "Shadow" and Lindsay Lohan's "Rumors" right afterwards. Soon after came Britney's "My Prerogative." Sadly, Michael Jackson's "Leave Me Alone" didn't follow.

No comments: