Saturday, July 16, 2005

This is probably not the treatment for the upcoming video for "This Year" by the Mountain Goats.

"I broke free on a Saturday morning..."
Shot of Tatooine's twin suns.

"put the pedal to the floor..."
Luke zooming around in desert cruiser.

"my broken home behind me, and good things ahead..."
shot of his family's burnt out home.

"a girl name Cathy wants a little of my time..."
Luke stares at R2-D2's projection of Leia.

"six cyllinders..."
TIE-fighters and x-wings battle in space

"I am gonna make it through this year, if it kills me..."
various pilots are shot up and electrocuted during space battle.

"I played video games in a drunken haze..."
Luke has lightsaber practice with an orb.

"the taste of scotch rich on my tongue..."
Han drinks in the bar on Tatooine, Luke enters.

"and then Cathy showed up..."
Luke and Han remove stormtrooper helmets in front of a captured Leia.

"twin high maintenance machines..."
C-3PO and R2-D2 scurry down a hallway.

"I am gonna make it through this year, if it kills me..."
Laser fight between our helmet-free heroes and storm troopers.

"I drove home in the California dusk..."
Team piles into the cockpit of the Millenium Falcon.

"the look on my stepfathers face..."
Darth Vader staring out window towards space.

"the motor screaming, stuck in second gear..."
Falcon switches into light speed.

"the scene ends badly as you might imagine..."
One-handed luke silently screams "no!" as darth reaches out to him on the platform.

"in a cavalcade of anger and fear..."
Luke leaps off platform, falls down giant shaft.

"there will be feasting, and dancing in Jerusalem next year.."
The celebration on the Moon Of Endor from Return Of The Jedi.

"I am gonna make it through this year, if it kills me..."
Luke hangs on antenna until finally found by Leia, Lando et al.

Video ends with shot of Falcon shifting into light speed.

No comments: