Friday, April 23, 2004

Singles in the Billboard Top 50 this week that I listen to all the way through when they come on the radio:

#1)"Yeah!" - Usher, Lil Jon & Ludacris: frankly, I'm surprised more people haven't started yelling "WATCH OUT!"

#2)"I Don't Wanna Know" - Mario Winans, Enya & P. Diddy: Can somebody recommend me more great songs about guys begging their lovers to keep their infidelities a secret?

#3)"Burn" - Usher: Reminds me of my former boo-ooo.

#4)"Tipsy" - J-Kwon: I love rap songs that have counting in them.

#6)"This Love" - Maroon5: The video contains the most horrifying image that MTV has ever given me (it involves rose petals), but this song has really grown on me. It's like the most tolerable elements of Lenny Kravitz & Matchbox 20 put together.

#8)"My Band" - D-12 feat. Eminem: D-12 are much better at making sick jokes than bitching about how nobody cares about them, especially when the only reason I like this song is Eminem's hysterical hook-spewing. I'm hopeful that his next album will feature more of his growing vocal musicality rather than the pretty-good-for-pretty-boring "Eye Of The Tiger" maudlin shit like "Lose Yourself" and "Sing For The Moment."

#11)"Freek-A-Leek" - Petey Pablo: The chorus hook annoyed me at first but I really enjoy the giving nature of Pablo's raps. Here, there and everywhere.

#14)"The Reason" - Hoobastank: When I compared them to Journey in Blender they called me mad! Well who's laughing now???

#15)"My Immortal" - Evanescence: Cuz some wounds won't seem to heal, plus I still get a kick out of Sarah McLachlanized nu-metal.

#17)"Toxic" - Britney Spears: Now I understand why God gave us Britney Spears.

#29)"Numb" - Linkin Park: I said it before, I'll say it again. Alice Cooper + Depeche Mode + Vanilla Ice = GENIUS!

#33)"Are You Gonna Be My Girl?" - Jet: I seriously didn't realize till a week ago that this was the "Lust For Life" beat. People who bitch about this song clearly don't realize how rarely a dance tune pops onto rawk stations.

#34)"Hey Ya" - Outkast: Yes, I'm still not sick of this song.

#39)"Sorry 2004" - Ruben Studdard: woo!

#40)"Salt Shaker" - Ying Yang Twins feat. Lil Jon & Tha Eastside Boyz: Feeling hanh! hanh! hanh!

#46)"Roses" - Outkast: And I haven't even seen the video yet.

#49)"I Miss You" - Blink 182: If it wasn't for the goofy lyrics and absurd cockney vocals I'd probably break down every time I heard this song. So I guess I shouldn't be complaining.

No comments: