Thursday, December 01, 2005

46. Eels, “Hey Man (Now You’re Really Livin’)”

Now that he's successfully captured this kind of maudlin, weathered revelation, I hope he'll stop trying.

47. Spinto Band, “Oh Mandy”

It's nice to see Ultragrrrl, Sears Roebuck and a couple dozen indie rock fans in my hometown agree on something. This year I finally lived up to my ancient, drunken promise to get them "some press! some NEW YORK press!" By the time I did, I wound up scooped by Entertainment Weekly. Nonetheless, I am a man of my word.

48. Bloc Party, “Helicopter”

The only thing they do better than Adam & The Ants is rave-up. This is the track where they do that.

49. Pussycat Dolls, “Stickwitu”

Best Mariah chorus in a year full of them.

50. Foo Fighters, “The Best Of You”

Dave Grohl showing those young passive-aggressive, self-involved bombast addicts on Fuse how passive-aggressive, self-involved bombast is done. I love how you can't tell if he's getting ready to dump or commit. Shit gets confusin', dude!

No comments: