Saturday, June 04, 2005

DJed last night, in the play-cds-between-bands-on-indie-night sense rather than rock-the-fader-MATCH-THAT-BEAT-DIPLOOOO.

Pussy Galore - Sweet Little Hi-Fi
Mission Of Burma - Academy Fight Song
Trouble Everyday - Days Vs. Nights
Make-Up - They Live By Night
Self - Dead Man
Guided By Voices - Quality Of Armor
Sugar - Your Favorite Thing
Weezer - I Just Threw Out The Love Of My Dreams
Rocket From The Crypt - Turkish Revenge
Bloc Party - Banquet
Hot Snakes - Audit In Progress
Electric Six - Future Is In The Future
LCD Soundsystem - Too Much Love
M83 - Don't Save Us From Flames
TV On The Radio - New Health Rock
Queens Of The Stone Age - I Never Came

Then Astronaut Jones played. They were all terrific musicians, but I really loved how the guitar player rocked very little tone while playing chords and then she'd pedal-hop on the solo, the tone would rush in and everybody in the audience is like 'hey' and woooooo, worse things I can do than date a female J Mascis I tell ya. Volcano girls, they really can't be beat.

Smashing Pumpkins - Apples + Oranjes
Fugazi - And The Same
Talking Heads - Thank You For Sending Me An Angel
Pere Ubu - Final Solution
R.E.M. - Wolves, Lower

Then came Kid Casanova, who I didn't really pay attention to because I was busy acting all coathanger with A-Jones, but they were cool and one member asked if I had any Ian Dury only to get "Oh my god, no, but I've heard about him and I see his stuff everywhere and which album should I get first, dude???" Then came that part of the night where you try to inspire drunk people to sing along or dance without scaring away those who just want to stand still and drink.

Cure - The Lovecats
Girls Against Boys - One Dose Of Truth
White Stripes - Blue Orchid
Edwyn Collins - A Girl Like You
Sloan - False Alarm
Mudhoney - Good Enough
Swell Maps - Harmony In Your Bathroom
Darkness - Growing On Me
Ted Leo/Pharmacists - Ballad Of A Sin Eater
Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
Pixies - Debaser
Pavement - Stereo
Spoon - Sister Jack
Basement Jaxx - Lucky Star
Rapture - Killing
Go Team - Huddle Formation
Walkmen - Little House Of Savages
Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Dinosaur Jr. - Freak Scene
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Y Control
Weezer - The Good Life
Strokes - 12:51
Ciara feat. MIA - Goodies (Richard X Remix)
Spoon - I Turn My Camera On
Louis XIV - Paper Doll
Urge Overkill - Sister Havana
Prince - Kiss

Good times!

No comments: