Tuesday, February 08, 2005


Scrawl Live(s)!

(more pics from the Sudsy's "class reunion" show that went down last April)

Two tracks from Scrawl's Nature Film are up at the Tofu Hut. Sometimes I think about devoting my life to putting out an extensive series of remastered reissues and making sure that all the half-recorded albums and demos that have followed see the light of day. There are worse things I could do and I'm pissed that no one else has done it yet. At the very least, I'll pick up Velvet Hammer as soon as possible and share a few mp3s from Bloodsucker, Travel On Rider and Nature Film with any curious would-be fan who sends me an e-mail. It's a crime that this stuff isn't readily available and that, to the best of my knowledge, Marcy Mays hasn't played outside Ohio in years. They even have to use a drum machine now! It's not right.

Should I spend my adulthood trying to bring attention to forgotten artists (screw money) or wryly commenting on popular nonsense (money please thank you)? Choices. Maybe I can try to do both for a few years before I'm finally drawn into the seductive world of competitive pumpkin farming like Jim Martin of Faith No More.

I can't figure out how to fix my permalinks for the life of me. This may require a drastic html overhaul. I guess I should be glad, as it's distracting me from repeatedly checking to see if Pazz'n'Jop is up yet. Merry rockcrit-mas!

No comments: