Saturday, July 03, 2004

Blogging survey taken from Rockcriticsdaily:

1. Do you try to look hot when you go to the grocery store just in case someone recognises you from your blog?

hahaha.

2. Are the photos you post Photoshopped or otherwise altered? Photo blogs take ages to load and piss everyone off.

I don't know. Until today, I've only hyperlinked stuff.

3. Do you like it when creeps or dorks email you?

Yes.

4. Do you lie in your blog?

Sometimes I've settled for statements that oversimplify (sometimes I'd rather be slightly off than vague), but I've never done a 180 from what I believe.

5. Are you passive-aggressive in your blog?

Not often enough.

6. Do you ever threaten to quit writing so people will tell you not to stop?

No, because I don't like it when other people do.

7. a) Are you in therapy? b) If not, should you be? c) If so, is it helping?

a) no b) no. I know what my problem is.

8. Do you delete mean comments? Do you fake nice ones?

I've never had a mean comment (kinda disappointed). No.

9. Have you ever rubbed one out while reading a blog? How about after?

Rubbed one out?

10. If your readers knew you in person, would they like you more or like you less?

Like I'd know.

11. Do you have a job?

Yes.

12. If someone offered you a decent salary to blog full-time without restrictions, would you do it?

That's the dream, really.

13. Which blogger do you want to meet in real life?

Matt Cibula. Geeta Dayal (ok, we've met, but I was drunk and I think all I said was "yeah, nobody agrees with me about Limp Bizkit"). Jess Harvell. Dom Passantino. Hell, every ILXor with a blog.

14. How many bloggers have you made out with?

:(

15. Do you usually act like you have more money or less money than you really have?

less. except when I order pizza.

16. Does your family read your blog?

Yes.

17. How old is your blog?

A year and a couple months.

18. Do you get more than 1000 page views per day? Do you care?

No. I don't REALLY care, but I get giddy when the daily rate increases.

19. Do you have another secret blog in which you write about being depressed, slutty, or a liar?

I am not depressed, not slutty, and not a liar. But it's never too late to learn.

20. Have you ever given another blogger money for his/her writing?

No.

21. Do you report the money you earn from your blog on your taxes?

Yes. All none of it.

22. Is blogging narcissistic?

Inherently.

23. Do you feel guilty when you don't post for a long time?

Yes. In fact I'm going to start blogging daily again starting July 5th (though I don't know if people will enjoy what the fall-back subject will be). As a blog reader, I've been really disappointed when people don't live up to self-announced goals and the like. It's very important for me to try and reward constant readers. I did my 100 Favorite Albums thing in 101 days (I took a day off when I posted my Pazz'n'Jop Comments) and I take pride in that. Of course, perfect attendance doesn't equal good grades.

24. Do you like John Mayer?

Oh, GOD yes. Did you see my Freelance Mentalists piece about him? "Clarity" is the best single of 2004 and if he keeps it up he could drop some classic albums someday. He's easily one of the most promising songwriters of my generation. I've got "Split Screen Sadness" in my head right now and that song is tremendous. It's partially his own damn fault (I would love to slice the SRV-fan out of his brain) but critic-wise he's totally slept on.

25. Do you have enemies?

There was a thread on ILM where a crack I made about Dizzee Rascal made one poster go all Albert Goldman on my ass and a few others announced their disdain for me. It was flattering more than anything because nobody seemed to realize I was just a lazy loudmouth whose opinion doesn't necessarily mean anything. Frankly, hate can be more informative (and even insightful) than admiration. It'd be foolish for a critic to feel otherwise.

26. Are you lonely?

Yes, but only because of distance.

27. Why bother?

Because blogging allows me to separate my desire for expression from outside commercial influences. Plus there's my narcissism.

No comments: