Friday, June 23, 2006

Random notes

1. I'd like "Promiscuous" a lot more if Furtado's verse vocal didn't make me think about how much I'd rather be listening to LL's "Doin' It." Despite their obvious craft, there's something about both her singles that leaves me a little cold.

2. The ad where the Fruits Of The Loom pretend they're Coldplay is kind of the most wonderful thing I've seen on TV all year.

3. I don't miss writing freelance.

4. I do miss the relationship I had with pop singles when I'd listen to the radio a lot - I liked the sense of common experience I don't get from the net and videos are a really tainted way of experiencing songs. I like not having my ears strapped to a discman every time I step outside even more, though.

5. I still have a Top Ten Singles Of 2006 (So Far):

Black Eyed Peas "Pump It"
E-40 "Tell Me When To Go"
Busta Rhymes "Touch It"
Pussycat Dolls "Buttons"
Kelly Clarkson "Walk Away"
Gnarls Barkley "Crazy"
LL Cool J feat. Jennifer Lopez "Control Myself"
Ne-Yo "When You're Mad"
Shakira feat. Wyclef Jean "Hips Don't Lie"
Eagles Of Death Metal "I Want You So Hard (Boy's Bad News)"

4 comments:

Alfred Soto said...

No plans to return to freelance work? You're missed, dude!

J T. Ramsay said...

just caught the fruit of the loom ad. it's really where coldplay belong!

Stevie Nixed said...

"Kelly Clarkson "Walk Away""

So how's the rest of the record? I'm seriously tempted to buy it even though I listen to so little music these days. Baby, y'know. :(

The Manthony said...

I haven't heard it, but I've only really gotten into two of the four or five singles dropped. A lot of people love it, though.

Tell the baby I said howdy!