Saturday, May 21, 2005


"Now people say that I'm a slacker! If I'm a slacker, it's through the eyes of the ones that are blind!"
- Limp Bizkit, "I'm Broke"


I've been putting off some work by figuring out which of my 20 Favorite Albums Of 1999 has to be chucked to make room for Randy Newman's Bad Love. KleenexGirlWonder, the Faint and Ben Lee were checked for endurance, but in the end it was a bloody bout between Limp Bizkit and Beck. Beck, despite my relative antipathy for his mumblemouth middlebrow ass, won and now I've got to get rid of my copy of Significant Other (this OCD stuff keeps me off the streets, ok?). More than not-ready-for-CD-R-comp album tracks like "I'm Broke," "Trust?" and "A Lesson Learned," I'm going to miss the liner notes. So here, kept for posterity, are Fred's thank yous. All typos are his, not mine.

i just want to say that i am grateful for every second i am alive and healthy. almighty God has blessed me. my family has put up with all my shit and i love you. most of my friends have done all they can to betray me, but those of you who are true friends are all i need. to my daughter adriana; i love you more than i know how. wes, sam, john, lethal, you are my life and blood. if i could have anything in the world it would be one huge show with every single LB fan and every single girl on the planet. jacksonville florida is where it all started and where i will always call home. i thank everyone that has caused me to suffer, without you i would have no reason to express myself. in my mind is where i live and my mind never sleeps. no matter how much fortune and fame come into your life at the end of the day all you have is you. i never believed any of that until now. my life is fucking amazing and i want everyone to be a rock star, but be careful what you wish for you just might get it. as for egos, like assholes, everybodys got one. but having confidence in yourself and what you do is something to be proud of. i know alot of people talk shit about me and what they dont know is that i know. dogs are the most amazing creatures on the planet so get a puppy. all we need is common sense and that can't be taught. im a wierdo and there is nothing i can do about it. sometimes i question my exsistence and purpose in life. the more i question myself the more i become lost in myself because there are no answers. i think the key is to realize that life is temporary and spending life questioning life is a waist of life. thank you so much for listening to me ramble on. you are why im here.

fred durst


For those in the P2P know: "Don't Go Off Wandering," "No Sex," "Show Me What You Got" and the four singles are highly recommended.

No comments: