Tuesday, April 19, 2005


The truth is out there.

So right when I wonder if nihilism and even smaller potatoes are all I'm going to hear from pop culture this year, two of my favorite musical artists release new songs that imply they're seeking a higher ground (or that they've totally lost their marbles).

Watch as Kelly Osbourne channels Nostradamus (which I have not read) and Alphaville (which I have not seen) with the help of producer Linda Perry and director Chris Applebaum in her "One Word" video.

The tracklisting for Sleeping In The Nothing, out in June:
"One Word"
"Uh Oh"
"Red Light"
"Secret Lover"
"I Can't Wait"
"Edge Of Your Atmosphere"
"Suburbia"
"Don't Touch Me While I'm Sleeping"
"Save Me"
"Entropy"

Watch Fred, Wes (he's back!), Matt, DJ Lethal and a drummer who isn't John (he's gone!) ask God to deliver them from evil and that we imagine accepting..."The Truth."

The tracklisting of The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1) according to mtv.com:
"The Propaganda"
"The Truth"
"The Priest"
"The Key"
"The Channel"
"The Story"
"The Surrender"

Haven't heard what the Osbourne fans feel about her shift from straightforward glam-punk to cryptic eurodisco. Limp fans think the new song is tight but sounds too much like Rage. Kelly's claims that her earlier sound isn't what she's really into are believable, seeing as how "Sunglasses At Night" was her choice of cover back on the Shut Up! tour. As it was her self-penned lyrics that made the album more than simply solid product I'm pretty excited to hear the album. Not sure if I'm ready for the seven-track Limpopera. Oh, who am I kidding? I can't wait. God bless these bafflers.

No comments: