Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Review of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Tell Me What Rockers To Swallow DVD: http://anthonyisright.blogspot.com/omgsohotsohotsohot/zztop-legs.mp3

I'm probably going to have to vote for "Y Control" on Pazz'n'Jop this year. The album still knocks me out.

Two albums I didn't put in those honorable mentions because there's a chance they might get in my top 20: Saul Williams (which you'd know about if you check Fluxblog, Cocaine Blunts and Suckapants, which you should) and especially Wiley's Treddin' On Thin Ice. Am I the only person who enjoys this album more than Showtime? And since I have no interest in parsing the countless threads about the grime (ooh a room of Reynolds fans having a drawn out, humorless discussion? oooooooh!!! may I????), can someone tell me based solely on what I hear on the record how this album isn't hip-hop? Especially post-Timbaland? I get it historically and geographically, but soundwise the distinction is lost on me.

No comments: