Thursday, October 21, 2004

Top ten videos of the week.

#1) Travis Tritt feat. John Mellencamp, “What Say You”: Contender for favorite single of the year. I wrote something about it over at Freelance Mentalists (which Matt has taken to…dare I say it…the next level).

#2) Terror Squad, “Lean Back”: I know the track came out ages ago, I just haven’t seen the video till recently. Can’t go wrong with goofy synchronized dancing. RAOUL!

#3) Franz Ferdinand, “The Dark Of The Matinee”: Can’t go wrong with goofy synchronized dancing (frankly the video could use more of it during the first two verses).

#4) Body Head Bangerz feat. Youngbloodz, “I Smoke, I Drank (Remix)”: Remember Chris Rock’s fit over welfare carols like “1st Of Da Month”? Wonder how he feels about this celebration of addiction. Me, I’m grateful for this kind of shameless social commentary.

#5) Dem Franchise Boyz, “White Tees”: Me, I’m grateful for this kind of shameless social commentary.

#6) Bowling For Soup “1985”: Me, I’m grateful for this kind of shameless social commentary. Also I loved the videos for Alien Ant Farm's "Smooth Criminal" and "Movies," so yay.

#7) Ciara feat. Petey Pablo, “Goodies”: Is she a chubby chaser? She’s grinding away in front of lardos throughtout.

#8) Bjork, “Who Is It”: God, she’s a nut.

#9) Twista feat. R. Kelly, “So Sexy Chapter II (Like This)”: Jim DeRogatis, I ain’t.

#10) LL Cool, “Hush/Shake It Baby”: put your pointer finger to your mouth and, with exaggerated enunciation, say the word “hush.” Now imagine LL doing that. There’s a lot of vets who don’t even have the energy to be silly, so I have respect for clueless Captain Smoove here.

No comments: