Thursday, September 16, 2004

Nu-wave sex fiends the Killers and Franz Ferdinand have been booted from my Top Ten this year to make room for a new Anthony-approved archetype: genre-bending poptastic harmonizing duos who would probably prefer that you didn't bring up sexual preference! I'll be writing about Tegan & Sara's So Jealous in Stylus soon, but those looking for more info should check the links over at Mystical Beast. It's his enthusiasm that made me check out the promo when I saw it at the radio station.

Big & Rich are getting written up all over the place, but their Horse Of A Different Color is as instantly memorable and endearing as the hype has implied. I was pleasantly surprised to find out how many songs don't focus on the Big & Rich shtick. The one about living in a six foot town is currently my favorite (cuz this 6'4" dude bumps his noggin everywhere). Horny post-punkers might reclaim their dominance if the new Interpol album (which I already love) grows on me as much as much as Turn On The Bright Lights did. Plus, I'm going to order that Fever album as soon whenever I remember to.

No comments: