Thursday, March 04, 2004

#54) The White Stripes - DeStijl (released in 2000, I made a 90-minute tape of this and Elephant off of my ex-girlfriend's CDs. She got into them well before I did - I think I was hype-phobic)

I'm afraid there won't be too much to this review because I'm unable to find my copy anywhere. I've listened to the album enough that it really shouldn't make a difference. I've certainly memorized my favorite moments on the album: Jack's decision to break a couple rules so that she'll notice him on "Sister, Do You Know My Name," the Led Zep balladry of "I'm Bound To Pack It Up," the whole damn sexy gestalt of "Hello Operator." I've certainly thought about why this album is more enjoyable than White Blood Cells (which goes "stomp-stomp-stomp" too often) and Elephant (which goes "shooby-dooby-doo" a tad too much). It's just that not being able to find my copy of DeStijl is bumming me out, and I don't want to think about this album too long, lest I REALLY get upset I can't play it. Plus I don't know diddly-squat about the blues.

No comments: