Friday, March 12, 2004

#46) LL Cool J - All World (released in 1996, I got it at Wal-Mart the summer before college. I think my dad paid for it)

First off, the man's best-of should have been a double CD - I miss "Pink Cookies," "Six Minutes Of Pleasure" and especially "I'm The Type Of Guy." Secondly, his stunning blackjack victory in the "Going Back To Cali" video might be the coolest thing I've ever seen on MTV. Finally, I'm not even going to try and describe how awesome LL is. I'll let him do it for me.

"I Can't Live Without My Radio" - My name is Cool J, I'm from the rock/ Circulating through your radio non-stop/ I'm lookin' at the wires behind the cassette/ And now I'm on the right, standing on the eject

"Rock The Bells" - Cause it ain't the glory days with Bruce Springsteen/ I'm not a virgin so I know I'll make Madonna scream/ You hated Michael and Prince all the way, ever sense/ If their beats were made of meat, then they would have to be mince

"I'm Bad" - The original Todd teachin' how to be hard/ Take the skin off a snake and split a pea from a pod/ You're a novice, I'm noble and I decipher my tongue/ Not Atilla the Hun but no I'm Thrilla, his son

"I Need Love" - just read the whole damn thing...best worst rap song ever

"Going Back To Cali" - Now I thought that was fast, but this girl was faster/ She's lookin for a real good time/ I said, "Close your eyes, I got a surprise,"/ and I ran away with the bottle of wine

"Jack The Ripper" - Hard like penitentiary steel/ Breaking necks while I flex my sex appeal

"Jingling Baby" - You know you can't create and get mean like this/ when I'm on the court, G, it's strictly SWISSSSHHHH!/ When it's all over, said and done, my friend/ they say, "That bad motherfucker just scored again"

"Big Ole Butt" - I said to the girl, "them young boys ain't nothin'/ You want to get freaky, let me kiss your belly button"

"The Boomin' System" - Big beats bumpin with the bass in back/ All the sophisticated suckers catch a heart attack/ Cos they don't understand why I act this way/ Pumpin up the funky beat until the break of day/ It's because I want attention when i'm ridin by/ And the girls be on my jock cos my system's fly

"Around The Way Girl" - Not cheap but petty/ You're ready for loving/ You're real independent so your parents be bugging/ But if you ever need a place to stay/ (oooh you love me) Come around my way

"Mama Said Knock You Out - Don't call it a comeback/ I been here for years/ Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear/ Makin the tears rain down like a monsoon/ Listen to the bass go BOOM

"Back Seat" - don't laugh, I'm serious with this /the back seat of my jeep is priceless/ you're climaxin', you're climaxin', it's full action/ you love a good waxin', it's so relaxin'

"I Need A Beat" - Computer wise, and the engineer's eyes/ have to be very acute, education level high/ The product is mine, beat on the rhyme/ The control was part of the studio design

"Doin It" - I wanna knock your block off/ get my rocks off/ Blow your socks off/ make sure your G spots soft

"Loungin'" - I keep it steamy, I make it burn when it's my turn/ Teachin shorty all the tools that you never learned/ Don't get it twisted, gettin money ain't wrong/ But she wanna make love all night long, I'm gone

"Hey Lover" - your man got his hustle on, got your type scared/ break ya off a little chump change to do your hair/ that seems to be enough to satisfy your needs/ but there's a deeper level if you just follow my lead


nuff said.

No comments: