Friday, April 18, 2008

No, I haven't been lazy or consumed with Idolatry. Over the last ten days I've been enduring an ear infection probably brought upon by springtime sinus magic. I haven't had any problems of this kind since living in Indiana in '94, so fuck you very much NYC. People sounded like they were talking into a fan and music was full of wrong notes and feedback. Pianos sounded like someone punching a music box. Extreme tinnitus would come and go. I was still able to josh about pop news on Idolator, but I couldn't enjoy music or movies. I've never experienced anything like this, and it was truly nightmarish. I'd rather be deaf than permanently aggravated by sound itself. Since I only have one working ear as is, I was too paranoid to post that it was merely an infection until I knew that it was on the wane. While I've still got some pressure in my ear, the distortion is definitely fading. I am so glad that the last song I listened to before noticing the symptoms, Fred Schneider's "Bulldozer," is not the last song I'll ever hear clearly. Not that it isn't awesome.



Regular programming next week, knock on wood.

No comments: