Tuesday, March 25, 2008



In the hustle and bustle of the last month, it appears I missed the release of a new Electric Six video. It's probably their finest since "Dance Commander," and definitely the finest of those with no apparent budget. Four albums in, I cannot fathom a finer band this decade than Electric Six. No one comes closer to capturing the giggly sense of apocalypse, the sound of hearts learning to live in an ironic hell of their own devising. Someday I hope to debate this lack of fathoming with someone who has actually heard all four albums. Thing is, I'm afraid of other hardcore Electric Six fans. They must be some sick puppies. Everyone I see at an E6 show is dressed pretty square (no Warhol superstars) even though they're inherently disco-metal nihilists taking part in a secret revolution, bathing in an invisible bonfire of crafted uncool. Sadly, it's likely they don't realize they're taking part in this secret revolution, which doesn't say much for their cognitive abilities. I don't know if I ever want to spot an Electric Six shirt on the street - it just couldn't bode well for the world.

No comments: