Friday, November 23, 2007


TJ, Anthony, Will...Harlem Heat.

Are you one of those incorrigible dumbasses who tell critics "if you know so much about music, why don't you make some?" Well, here's your chance to discover how much I know about making sweet music and MY chance to make you eat three minutes of stfu. Check out "Sky Car" by Harlem Heat, a little trio I was part of four years ago. It's track #6 on the ILX Comp II, now available for download thanks to Mark Grout.

Lyrics:

Ride the future...in a Sky Car!

My Chrysler don't work no more
so I went to the new car store
said I wanted to go far
so he gave me the keys to a new Sky Car
it's a sweet ride, there's no question and
y'all better recognize, and I'm guessing that
none of you is a real rock star and
none of you got your own very own Sky Car

I'm gonna check my shit out (woo hoo)
so check my shit out (woo hoo)
better check my shit out (woo hoo)
please come and check my shit out (woo hoo)

All the haters come and kiss my ass
the girls press their chests up against the glass
kick the boosters and blast on by
cuz you can't touch this car when it's in the sky
children smile cuz I'll be droppin' coins
and a real sweet lady's sittin' on my loins
rush hour is a thing of the past
Sky Car driving with a magnum blast, uh!

You better check my shit out (woo hoo)
come check my shit out (woo hoo)
you know you better check my shit out (woo hoo)
so please come and check my shit out (woo hoo)

It's a beautiful dream
it's a sweet machine
you can drive to a star
so get yourself a Sky Car!

All the guys in the world want a Sky Car
all the ladies in the world want a Sky Car
every government's bonin' for my Sky Car
but only I've got myself a Sky Car

So check my shit out (woo hoo)
you know you gotta check my shit out (woo hoo)
please come and check my shit out (woo hoo)
know you gotta check my shit out, check my shit out!


I play guitar and keys, TJ Fogelsanger drums and Will Barton plays bass. I sang lead on this one, but that's TJ on the bridge and we alternate vocals throughout All The Elements/Forever, our 30 minute, two EP comp I'll happily copy for anyone who sends me a 60 minute cassette or two bucks or a SASE or a very nice e-mail..

Tracklisting
All The Elements EP
1. Hot Shit Inc.
2. Sky Car
3. Swimming Away
4. Dirty Dog
Forever EP
5. Forever
6. Hot Tripe
7. Cherry-Flavored Freedom
8. Ghostbusters (Feat. Kael and Dave)

BUY curious? I bet you are!

No comments: