Friday, August 10, 2007

Here's where I admit that I didn't recognize that the riff on Timbaland and the Hives' "Throw It On Me," one of my favorite singles this year, is the same one from the Elastik Band's "Spazz," one of my favorite songs from the Nuggets box. According to allmusic and wikipedia, the song is credited solely to Timbaland, Randy Fitzsimmons (the Hives' songwriting alias) and Timothy Clayton a.k.a. rapper Attitude. Has anyone seen the liners for Shock Value? Is it credited? Despite this lift, it's probably my favorite rap-rock collabo track since Mike Shinoda and the X-ecutioners "brought the seperation of styles to a stop" with "It's Goin' Down" back in '02.



Hell YEAH, Mike! Putting rap and rock together was a "logical progression on the time line"...in 1985! And yet I'm forever grateful for his enthusiasm.

No comments: