Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Nate dropped this link over at ILX and I'm grateful. It's list time now, baby!

ANTHONY IS LISTING THE 25 BEST NUMBER ONE SINGLES OF THE NINETIES IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER

1. "Escapade" Janet Jackson
Fun!

2. "It Must Have Been Love" Roxette
Sad!

3. "Step By Step" New Kids On The Block
Bonkers!

4. "Ice Ice Baby" Vanilla Ice
Tight!

5. "I've Been Thinking About You" Londonbeat
The first CD I ever owned was The Raw & The Cooked!

6. "Cream" Prince & The NPG
Slinky!

7. "All 4 Love" Color Me Badd
Giddy!

8. "I'm Too Sexy" Right Said Fred
Gay!

9. "Baby Got Back" Sir Mix-A-Lot
The muthafuckin' truth!

10. "End Of The Road" Boyz II Men
The spoken word bridge!

11. "Informer" Snow
The most OMGWTFLOL(ROFFLE) track of the '90s acc. to ILX!

12. "Take A Bow" Madonna
I miss Babyface kinda sorta!

13. "This Is How We Do It" Montell Jordan
YEAH!

14. "Kiss From A Rose" Seal
Batman 4EVA!

15. "Fantasy" Mariah Carey
Genius Of Love plus actual pipes and depending on the DJ's mood, ODB!

16. "Tha Crossroads" Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony
I miss my dog and I miss my uncle charles, y'all!

17. "You're Making Me High" Toni Braxton
Uh!

18. "No Diggity" Blackstreet
Fats Domino 4EVA!

19. "MMMbop" Hanson
Exuberance!

20. "4 Seasons Of Loneliness" Boyz II Men
Shame on a N'Synca!

21. "Truly Madly Deeply" Savage Garden
With passion like this, who needs testicles!

22. "Too Close" Next
Boing!

23. "Genie In A Bottle" Christina Aguilera
My biggest karoake hit!

24. "Bailamos" Enrique Iglesias
Remember my Antonio Banderas post? Exactly!

25. "Smooth" Rob Thomas & Santana
AWH ELSE FAWGET ABOUT IT!

Honorable Mention: "Livin' La Vida Loca." I couldn't justify including "Bailamos" AND "Smooth" AND "La Vida," despite horny hispanic guy music being one of the eighteen best types of music ever (Rob Thomas counts cuz of Santana and his wife and the fact that he's Rob Fucking Thomas - THE HONKY DONKEY SO FONKY). Speaking of which, I've got to write something about Pitbull soon. "Toma" is competing with "Since U Been Gone" as my favorite single of the year so far and M.I.A.M.I. totally makes my top 20 of 2004 in retrospect. I should have bought it earlier!

I had no idea that I missed 1999 until I read that list.


edit: I had a brain fart when compiling that list and skipped 1994. Oddly enough, the only charttopper from that boring balladful year with any chance of making the top 25 was "Here Comes The Hotstepper" (maybe "The Sign"). Ini wuz robbed and I apologize.

No comments: