Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Songs in the US top 20 singles chart this week that might make my top ten singles of the year: 6 (special shout-out to "I Don't Wanna Know," which now officially features Enya)

Songs in the US top 20 singles chart this week that fucking suck: 6 (special shout-out to "One Call Away," which reaffirms that my indifference to most rap in the late 90s may well have been rap's own fault)

Songs in the US top 20 singles chart this week that I haven't heard: 3 (special shout-out to "All Fall Down," whose author I'd really like to like - or at least understand how he got the whole commercial-critical zeitgeist thing going)

Songs in the US top 20 singles chart this week that I'm respectfully indifferent about: 4 (special shout-out to "My Band," which reaffirms that Eminem is improving as a singer and that he still looks out for his sadsack buddies)

This leaves one song that I can't decide whether or not I...oh fuck, I think I really like this song now: Evanescence, "My Immortal"

No comments: