Saturday, September 24, 2005

The long-awaited Scott Stapp solo album drops Nov. 22. In case you don't remember why I've long been awaiting this, here's the Yarl King in a March '04 Billboard article:

Stapp is working with producer 7 Aurelius, best known for his work with such hip-hop heavyweights as Nelly and Ja Rule. "It's Creed meets Zeppelin meets Doors with 7's [influence]," Stapp reveals. "So it's going to have some thump in the back and rock over the top of it -- but I'm not going to rap," he adds with a laugh. "I'm going to sing."

DUDE. Scott Stapp doing his thing over JEEP BEATS?! That's nasty! Imagine Scott singing over the "Rhymin' And Stealin"/"Sweet Leaf"/"Leveee Breaks" backdrop. I wanna roll down the street with the windows open, blaring that shit, fully aware that I'm destroying passerby. Ludacris gave Three Doors Down a shout-out in Blender a while back, so I know that dude's been waiting for some Thump-Rock too. I got a feeling its the "white crunk" Kanye's been aching for. Disco-metal slow jams - it doesn't get more raw than that. If Scott covers "I Feel Love" it's my album of the year.

It's possible that none of the Aurelius tracks made the final product. Fingers are crossed, though! Don't want another Extraordinary Machine situation.

No comments: