Tuesday, March 16, 2004

#42) Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever To Tell (released in 2003, snapped up from City Lights after checking it out on the listening station. I was unmoved by their debut EP when my friend Carey played it for me but Fever grabbed me instantly)

TJ, one of my best friends and the closest I have to an ideal non-female reader, told me that the comment I wrote about Fever To Tell for the 2003 Pazz'n'Jop poll is the best thing I've ever had published, and I'm inclined to agree. For that reason, I'm not going to say any more about the album except that I still play it more than anything else. I've also spent several half hours in the last month or so watching "Maps" video (found on the CD single) repeatedly and get giddy if I imagine the band reading what i wrote about the album. I'm enthralled.

No comments: