Wednesday, October 10, 2007

SONGS IN MY "2007 HITS" IPOD PLAYLIST XI


Muse, "Supermassive Black Hole"

Muse has more Queen in them than any other post-Radiohead combo I've heard, a juicier brand of grandiosity I doubt any of the competition has the impetus (or energy) to attempt. This does one better by replacing the Radiohead with Crystal Method, giving us the Hot Space 2000 Freddie never got the chance to make. Singer Matthew Bellamy (who really needs a more Maxwell Dragon-esque handle) seems to be losing some of the Yorke in his throat and word is their next album will be more dance AND more symphonic so hey hey, somebody's got the right idea.

--
Last week I didn't get around to watching any movies I hadn't already seen before, so there won't be any image swiping from my employers until next.

No comments: