Friday, January 21, 2005

Stylus: And to present the award for fourth best album of the 00s, Anthony Miccio...

Anthony: Knack 2K, yo! Don't hate on that!

Nobody told me Is This It would make the top 5. I wrote that blurb assuming it would be #38 or something. Everybody's album list is a little more indie-centric than their singles one. This is either because underground acts are more consistent than their mainstream peers (even if the high points aren't as breathtaking) or because we just assume that and don't like paying sixteen bucks to find out. My top 50 (scroll for it yourself) would look pretty different if I got pop promos and didn't spend the last five years working at college radio, but I'll stand by my top 10. Caveat: LeTigre's debut is copywritten 1999, so I went with that.

1. Desaparecidos - Read Music/Speak Spanish
2. Good Charlotte - The Young And The Hopeless
3. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever To Tell
4. Fugazi - The Argument
5. White Stripes - De Stijl
6. Nellie McKay - Get Away From Me
7. Electric Six - Fire
8. Distillers - Sing Sing Death House
9. Kelly Osbourne - Shut Up!
10. Rocket From The Crypt - Group Sounds

Pop-rockism: It's like rockism...with a funny hat!

Replace "get nostalgiac" with "feel parental sympathy" in my Conor post. I hope to hang out with Keith next time I'm in Philly. I get the feeling he might pay for my beer.

No comments: