Wednesday, August 04, 2004

The only albums that I once owned but tossed from 1984 that people suggested (and some of you need to check that copyright in the liner notes) were The Wonderful And Frightening World Of The Fall and Van Halen's 1984. The former just had too much bulk (esp. the CD version) and the only tracks from the latter I got into were "Panama" (which is easily my favorite Van Halen track not from the debut album), "Hot For Teacher" and "Jump." "I'll Wait" is too Hagar to be tolerated and the rest felt like defensive Zep-Rush plod.

The rest of the LPs are fresh territory for me and I'm incredibly grateful for all the recommendations. You folks rock. The people who've been sending me CD-Rs rock so hard they're going to Valhalla when they die. Oodles of Fall for them all if sheets of rain don't come down tomorrow.

No comments: